The DSX-D Duty Suppressor System from Maxim Defense was built to optimize quiet performance in a suppressed weapon system. It provides superior direct thread suppression to weapons chambered in 5.56, 7.62, and 6.5 Creedmoor.
Duty is built for the world’s most rigorous demands; the DSX-D suppressor is designed to be the most robust and strongest suppressor in the category. The suppressor has been repeatedly tested with SOCOM tables across various calibers and barrel lengths, down to 8.5″ 5.56 NATO with M855 ball ammunition, and it has survived with no damage or significant changes in sound reduction.
DSX-D: Duty Suppressor System
The DSX-D Duty Suppressor was explicitly designed to minimize the violent cyclic rate and gas blowback of a suppressed weapon system like the AR15.
In addition, the suppressor consists of a three-piece MonoKore design that adds 7.25″ to the muzzle of your rifle. It is rated for full-auto (with an 8.5″ barrel restriction) in the following calibers:
► 6.5 Creedmoor
- Increase reliability and longevity with host firearms due to low gas blowback and low gain in host weapon cyclic rate compared to other more traditional suppressor designs.
- Drops sound to well below hearing safe levels. The specific reduction amount is based on weapon configuration, ammunition, barrel length, and atmospheric conditions.¹
- Decreases flash, decreases recoil, increases accuracy.
- Fully and easily serviceable.
- Disassembles with common tools.
DSX-D Direct Thread Suppressor FEATURES
- State-of-the-art MonoKore design.
- Simple 3-piece design.
- Military-grade materials.
- Adds 7.25″ to the muzzle.
- Purposefully built for each available caliber
- The suppressor core has integrated carbon cutters for tube cleaning
- Full-auto rated in all available calibers, 8.5″ barrel restriction
- It can be pinned to a 10.3″ barrel to effect a 16″ overall barrel length
- Ships with direct thread mount²
- Secondary retention feature for the suppressor tube.
DSX Direct Thread Suppressor Technical Specs
- Available Calibers: 5.56mm, 7.62mm, 6.5mm
- Diameter: 1.75″ outer diameter
- Material Composition: Grade-5 Titanium, 17-4 SS
- Weight: 21 oz
- Length: 7.9″ overall length
- Finish: Cerakote DLC (Diamond-like coating)
- Available in black, gray, or FDE.
More pictures of the DSX-D include:
Watch the Video:
- For example, the average measurement per MILSTD-1474D of 134dB on a 10.3″ AR-15 chambered in 5.56 measured at the shooter’s left ear.
- A ½-28 thread mount for 5.56; 5/8-24 thread mount for 7.62 and 6.5 calibers
To learn more, please visit https://www.maximdefense.com/product-category/suppressors/.
“Maxim Defense: Not built for safe queens.”