The Gunnison Merino Wool hoodie has been a bestselling mid-layer offering from Pnuma Outdoors for quite a while now, but for a long time was available only in a camouflage pattern. The limitation went away with the advent of a solid Beluga colorway for, as Pnuma puts it, “…even more versatility in the mountains, plains, or out on the town.”
Like its predecessor, the Beluga version of the Gunnison Merino wool hoodie is crafted from 300gsm merino wool for superior warmth, with fibers wrapped in a nylon core. Sizes available range from Small to XXL (triple XL).
It boasts a number of features, including;
• zippered storage pocket on the chest
• zippered storage pocket on the left arm
• large kangaroo pocket for warmth and concealment when not wearing gloves
• thumbholes to keep sleeves in place and reduce cold air from entering through unwanted gaps
• form-fitting hood to protect head and neck from the elements
• soft zipper-pull-garage, extending from the protective collar to prevent irritation during use
Pnuma describes the garment thusly:
This hoodie gets the job done in mountains, plains, and forests throughout the season. The 300gsm Merino Wool will be your best friend as soon as the days start to pick up a chill. When the wind kicks in, or an animal begins to work its way into range, raise the hood for maximum warmth and concealment. The hoodie features two zipper pockets for your license and electronics and a kangaroo pocket to keep your hands warm and protected. The Merino fibers are wrapped around a nylon core for added durability and seeled with flat lock seams for added comfort. The soft garage for the zipper pull won’t irritate your neck, chin, or get caught in your beard.
As of this writing, there have been 63 overwhelmingly positive reviews posted on the Pnuma Outdoors website.
Now you may be asking yourself…
What color is beluga?
Glad you asked. Beluga is a dark purplish gray. The hex code for the Beluga color is #4a4843. The RGB color is RGB(74,72,67).
Or that’s what the wit and wisdom of the internet tell us.
Gunnison Merino Wool Hoodie
Wool Hoodie Specifications
• Fabric Weight: 300 gsm
• Fabric Blend: 87% 18.5 microns Merino Wool, 13% core-spun nylon
• Left chest zippered pocket
• Left upper arm zippered pocket
• Hand-warming kangaroo pocket
• Comfortable, terry-knit fabric
• Flatlock seams for comfort
• Merino wool fibers wrapped around a nylon core for added durability
• Zipper Pull Garage to prevent chin and neck irritation
• Protected neck seam to prevent irritation
• Form-fitting scuba hood for warmth, concealment, and mobility
• Care: Machine wash cold, dry flat
• Weight: 17.6 oz (based on size large)
⚠️ Some hyperlinks in this article may contain affiliate links. If you use them to make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. It’s just one way to Back the Bang. #backthebang