Today the Mad Duo and their execrable minions participated in much education at Will Petty’s VCQB class, hosted by 88 Tactical in Nebraska. In addition to learning how awesome 88 Tactical’s facility and crew are, we learned some good stuff about vehicle CQB too!
Here’s a partial list of lessons learned/reinforced:
1) Address the threat, then get the fuck out of the vehicle at the first opportunity. Even if it means falling out the back window.
2) Getting behind cover during weapon manipulation isn’t just kind of a good idea. It’s Will Petty’s law.
3) Malfunctions suck. Especially an artificially-induced malfunction after almost every single round.
4) Should you choose to break out a car window with your elbow, roll your sleeves down first if you don’t want a bloody forearm (this wasn’t part of the class, it was just an extra lesson volunteered by Mad Duo Merrill).
5) Staying in shape isn’t just for getting laid more, it’s actually got a tactical application too. Properly and quickly utilizing and moving from vehicle cover to vehicle cover is brutal, bruising, and physically demanding.
6) A rock in your holster can totally jack your mojo when you’re trying to transition back to a long gun. True story.
7) Even trained and experienced shooters can make rookie mistakes when overwhelmed by stress (like, oh, maybe firing on the wrong target, which might be what our shooter below had just done). Yes, we all know we can screw up. But reminders, like the many we had today, show us why we need to continually train.
8) “Alphabet Soup” is a training drill. It’s a drill that sucks. It’s a drill that overwhelms the shooter very quickly. It’s a drill that exposes weaknesses the shooter didn’t know he had. It’s a drill that shows you how easily you can miss obvious information right before your eyes. It’s a drill that’s literally painful. In other words, it’s a great fucking drill.
9) If you happen to see large, pasty men running by who you think are the War Boys from Mad Max Fury Road, no worries. They’re actually 88 Tactical’s staff members, entertaining themselves between growth hormone injections. Pay them no mind. They’re harmless.
Well. Some are harmless. Some are closet serial killer Uncle Fester lookalikes who shouldn’t be allowed within 300 feet of a school.
Stand by for more lessons learned…
Primary: Subscribe to our newsletter here or get the RSS feed.
Alternate: Join us on Facebook here or check us out on Instagram here and support us on Patreon right here.
Contingency: Exercise your inner perv with us on Tumblr here, follow us on Twitter here or connect on Google + here.
Emergency: Activate firefly, deploy green (or brown) star cluster, get your wank sock out of your ruck and stand by ’til we come get you.
That looks like an outstanding class.
very nice boys confirms what ive been doing with my guys and gals. Well minus fat pasty white dudes running down the side of the range, hahaha
Yes indeedy…WTF was that all about?
Great write up guys! Merrill, how did those Magpul mags run in your Glock?