The Rainier Arms RUC is a Direct Impingement (DI) rifle that Rainier Arms describes as the “…next step in [their] efforts to bring the highest quality rifles to the market…while offering the best value as well.” The RUC is a AR 15 (complete rifle) built around the newly evolved Rainier Arms Select barrel. It utilizes the Rainier Urban Combat Rail (UCR) and boasts numerous other excellent features.
Take a look at this setup.
Rainier Arms Select Barrel
RA designed these as an affordable alternative to their match-grade barrels. They’re so confident about the quality they offer a 100% money-back guarantee within 90 days of purchase.
- Stainless Steel Match Grade Blank
- Twist: 1:7 | Thread Pitch: 1/2 x 28
- .750 Gas Block Seat
- Polyganol 5-groove rifling
- M4 Feed Ramps
- Proprietary Contour
- Nitride Finish
Rainier Arms Urban Combat Rail (UCR)
The RUC DI Rifle utilizes the RA Urban Combat Rail to provide shooters with a rock-solid handguard that can take any abuse thrown at it.
The UCR MLOK slots are positioned at the 3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions for adding user-defined rail sections. There are also anti-rotation QD sockets at the 3 o’clock & 9 o’clock positions. Other features include:
- CNC machined 6000 Aluminum
- Hard Coat Anodized Milspec Type III/Class 2
- 7075 Aluminum Barrel Nut
- Patent Pending 17-4PH Cored Stainless Steel Rail Mounting Hardware
- Anti-rotation tabs to easily align the rail to upper receiver
- *No Barrel nut shims are required for installation if you decide to switch things out
- 1.315″ Interior Diameter
Avalanche ANC Charging Handle
A patented ambidextrous design, the Avalanche’s interchangeable handles offer an individualized look and feel. Made for fast and fluid operation, the Avalanche is built in Rainier’s own facility in Wichita, Kansas.
- 15% increase in wall thickness
- Reduced vent holes to minimize flex and improve rigidity
- Latch angles redesigned for improved locking and charging
- 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Weight 1.34 oz
FHAV2 Flash Hider
Rated 5 stars out of 5 stars by Rainier Arms customers, this is definitely, as one reviewer put it, a “bad azz flash hider.” The only downside to this muzzle device is how hard it is to keep them in stock.
- 303 Stainless with Black Nitride finish
- 1/2-28 thread & 1/2-36 thread pitches
- 2.26 length, .89 Diameter, 1.76 oz.
Rainier Arms RUC DI Rifle Full Specs
- RA Select 5.56 Barrel – 16 in.
- RA Forged Upper Receiver
- RA Urban Combat Rail – 15 in.
- RA Precision Bolt Carrier Group
- RA “Avalanche” Charging Handle
- RA Low Profile .750 Gas Block
- RA FHV2 Flash Hider
- RA Forged Lower Receiver
- RA Modified Trigger Guard
- B5 Systems QD End Plate
- H1 Buffer – 3.9 oz
- Carbine Buffer Spring
- ALG Defense Quality Trigger
- B5 Systems Bravo Stock
- B5 Systems Type 23 Pistol Grip