Knife pimp is an actual term, tin-knocker is a real thing, and Bill Yester is a real genius.
Yeb tvo-you maht! We have massive respect for this guy.
I bet you thought this was about custom Emersons.
Nope, it’s about Bill Yester. Bill Yeser is a retired Union sheet metal worker from Pittsburgh; his hands have built factories, skyscrapers and hospitals. Now he builds, fixes and pimps knives at his North Hills shop.
Bill Yester is one the best knife-pimpers in the business. Yes – it’s a real thing. If you really love the look of a custom Emerson, but don’t have a few grand to spend on one – there are a handful of folks who can build something for you.
Over the last several years, Bill has risen to the ranks of one of the most talented knifemakers on the planet.
When my blades shit the bed or I need something modified to a spec, I send it to Bill. A good example is my Emerson Commander – Bill installed Micarta scales for a better wet-grip.
- Bill has studied the work of countless blade smiths – books, research, conversations.
- Bill defines Integrity. He will never steal other’s idea or make something that would impact other folks’ knife business.
- Bill’s workshop is dusty, gritty and full of aerospace-grade machinery. The precision of everything is mesmerizing.
- His office is full of seemingly haphazard treasures. ill’s knife collection would make anyone jealous.
- Bill is a Suspect. If you know, you know.
You are welcome for the embarrassment, Sir.
Podnyali stakani , na zdorovie!
⚠️ Some hyperlinks in this article may contain affiliate links. If you use them to make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
It’s just one way to Back the Bang. #backthebang
Why come to visit our double secret closed and private discussion group? Because of the Morningwood Bazaar and the conversation, obviously.
Disclaimer: We are not endorsing Nancy’s Squat & Gobble, nor do the opinions therein reflect those of the entire Breach-Bang-Clear staff. That said, while Nancy’s is indeed a shady place, only a few people have actually gotten food poisoning there, and most of the girls have all their teeth. The one-legged bartender really does make a mean Old Fashioned, and if you ask nicely she’ll even do it with burnt rosemary smoke.