XS Sights recently expanded its line of high-performance 3-Dot RAM Night Sights. Now, the RAM is available for the Canik TP9SF series and Taurus G2 pistols.
As XS Sights explains,
The RAM (radioactive material) night sights offer the brightest 3-dot sight option for fast and accurate shooting in bright and low light. Featuring a traditional 3-dot tritium, notch and post sight picture, the rear sight of the RAM is blacked out to increase contrast against the front sight which is available in bright orange or green. The front sight features XS’s proprietary Ember Glow Dot technology which absorbs ambient light and glows in low light. The front tritium lamp in the RAM sight charges the Ember Glow Dot, making the front sight glow brighter than the rear, keeping your focus downrange.
The company says that the RAM sights are fine-tuned for LEO use as purpose-driven tools that ensure front-sight visibility, in any light. Here are a few key features:
- Rear sight overhang, for better sight definition as well reduced glare in bright light.
- Anti-reflective rear tritium lenses, for increased contrast against the front sight and reduced glare in daylight.
- Rear sight ledge, for assistance in one-handed slide manipulations.
The orange front sight contrasts best in bright light and the green glows best in low light; however, people see color differently and eye-sight issues can affect which color performs best for each individual.
RAM Night Sights Overcome Three Common Issues with 3-Dot Tritium Sights
- Under stress, it’s easier to confuse the front dot with one of the rear sight dots. The RAM counters that with a much larger and brighter Ember Glot Dot that easily differentiated from the rear dots.
- Eyes are drawn toward the two-dot sights there instead of toward the downrange threat. RAM night sights are significantly brighter than the rear tritium dots, which helps keep the eyes focused where they need to be.
- With some three-dot sights, the sight pictures are tight and tend to be more restrictive. RAM Night Sights use a notch that is 15% wider than the front sight, allowing more visible light around the front sight. This makes it easier to see the front sight in changing light conditions and when shooting on the move, aiding in sight alignment and increasing accuracy.
RAM Night Sights are CNC machined from bar-stock steel and treated with a hardening and rust-preventative coating making them extremely durable and reliable additions to your firearm. The front blade width is 0.145” (3.68 mm) and the notch width is 0.170” (4.32 mm). While height varies by model, all models fit standard holster options. Designed for simple installation by hand or with a sight pusher tool. All XS sights are backed by a 10-year, No-Questions-Asked Warranty and supported with our world-class customer service.
Available RAM Night Sight Models
- G2 PT III, G2C Millennium G2, & G2S
- TP9SF, TP9SFX, TP9SF Elite, TP9 Elite SC
, & Current Production TP9SA
- 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, & 36
- 20, 21, 29, 30, 37, 30S, 40, & 41
- 42, 43, 43X, & 48
- P225, P226, P228, P229, P320, & P365
Smith & Wesson
- M&P Full-size & compact
- M&P Shield
- XD, XDM, & XDS
- FN 509
Retail Price: $100 to $120 depending on the model
Read more about ’em at XS Sights.
See everything we’ve written about XS Sights on Breach-Bang-Clear.
Some hyperlinks in this article may contain affiliate links. If you use them to make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. It’s just one way to Back the Bang. #backthebang